When you make the decision to create and publish video content for your medical practice’s marketing efforts, you want to ensure you are getting the most bang for your buck. After all, showcasing video content enables you to tell an engaging and visually appealing brand story. Video also offers your audience testimonials featuring current and former patients, and it delivers insight regarding your services that generate buy-in as well as peace of mind. But what do you do with your video content once it has been published on your website?
Here is a short list on how to repurpose videos, thereby extending the lifespan of the content and accomplishing multiple marketing goals.
How to Get the Most Traction Out of Brand Videos
Ensuring your medical practice’s videos are seen by a wide audience is the key focus of a repurposing strategy. Consider the following approaches:
- Harness the power of YouTube. It is perfectly fine to give your videos a home on your website, but do not forget to also upload all of your videos to YouTube. As YouTube is the second largest search engine on the planet, and many users go to this platform first when seeking information on procedures and services, there is a great chance your video will be found by new prospects. Another pertinent reason to upload to YouTube is that it will help with your SEO. While the page on your website where your video has a home may never rank on page one in the search engines, a properly optimized video on YouTube could. Finally, backlinks will be created from YouTube, which benefits your website’s authority.
- Use your videos in a future email marketing initiative. There are many different types of campaigns you can engage in via email, ranging from newsletters, sales promotions, lead nurture campaigns, and more. When you are planning content for your email marketing endeavors, do not forget to incorporate videos. Firstly, videos are attention-grabbing as people prefer watching over reading. Secondly, marketing videos are proven to result in higher conversion rates, personalize your brand, make complex subjects easily palatable, and help nurture leads.
- Splice longer videos into smaller clips for use on social media. This might sound challenging if you are filming and editing videos personally, but there are many easy-to-use editing platforms available online that allow you to cut longer videos into shorter clips. Sharing brief and to-the-point video clips on social media can truly increase awareness of your practice, promote video sharing, and drive prospective business to your website with the intention of learning more about your services and procedures.
- Place your videos on other pages of your website, including your procedure pages. It might be your first instinct to place all of your brand videos on a dedicated page on your website, but if you do this, you are missing an opportunity. We encourage brand videos to be used on procedure pages as it offers a website visitor a better understanding of your capabilities and encourages them to take the next step on their buyer’s journey. Think of it this way, if a prospective patient has landed on a page on your website promoting a specific procedure—and there is also a video there that explains your value proposition and how your medical practice is different from the competition—then it is more likely that the prospect fills out a contact form, requests more information, or takes the initiative to contact you directly.
- Include brand videos on landing pages. If you are engaged in remarketing practices, another intelligent approach to repurposing video content is to embed it on a landing page, as these pages can truly be considered the crown jewels of lead generation. According to HubSpot, when a video is featured on a landing page, conversion rates have the potential to increase by 80%. Why? Because videos build trust and create brand affinity. Using videos helps you say more with less.
Develop a Video Repurposing Strategy with Firm Media
Now that you have a better understanding of what video repurposing entails, it is time to develop a logical strategy to execute upon.
Our team of video marketing experts is well versed in partnering with medical practices to develop and curate brand videos for use in a comprehensive digital marketing strategy. We would love to consult with you to learn about your goals and objectives and help you realize an ROI on your marketing efforts. Contact our team today.