The search for the right digital marketing partner can be a difficult and often frustrating process. Firm Media CEO Chris Suchanek sits down in the first episode of our “Insights with Firm Media” series to discuss the top 5 things that every practice should be looking for in a digital marketing partner.
- They Have a SystemThe marketing team you work with should have a system that they operate and function around, and they should respect that system. If your marketing partner does something that upsets you, they should be less concerned about you being upset and more concerned about how the specific problem happened. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, but it’s important that your marketing partner is able to learn from their mistakes and refine their system to offer the best customer service experience possible.
- They Have Vertical ExpertiseMake sure that the firm you partner with are experts in your industry. You should be looking for someone who can write compelling content about specific subjects. You don’t only want someone who understands the services you offer, but they’ve also taken the time to understand what it is that someone who is looking for you wants to know.
- They are Measuring and TestingYour marketing firm should not only be looking where your website is ranking in the search engines, what are the top referring keywords to the website? What are the pages people are landing on for those phrases? What is the bounce rate for not just the site, but the specific pages visitors are landing on? Your marketing partner should be testing e-mail marketing, pay-per-click, and other specialty services to see how they affect your campaign. When your website ranks in the search engines, that’s not the end of the job. The end of the job is when people convert and call the practice.
- They Ask the Right QuestionsYou and your marketing partner should be asking the right questions. You should be able to pick up the phone and call a potential digital marketing partner, be able to explain your situation and what you’d like to accomplish. Then, the person on the other end of the phone should have compelling suggestions, ideas, and insights about your specific situation that help you understand that they are the right marketing partner for you.
- They are Prioritizing QualityYou should be looking for a marketing partner that prioritizes delivering high quality work. From designs to content development and marketing techniques, you should feel confident that you’re not working with a partner who cuts corners or offers cookie cutter marketing solutions.
When everyone is using similar vocabulary, it can be difficult to determine who the right marketing partner is for you. Keep these 5 things in mind when you are doing your research. It may just save you from a big headache down the road! Remember, if you don’t think you have time and money to market your practice right, ask yourself if you can afford to do it twice.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can grow your practice!