In the final part of our three part series on RealSelf optimization, we will be covering one of the most vital aspects to any practice (whether on RealSelf or not): reviews. In today’s world, having reviews on your profile is absolutely essential to the success of your RealSelf campaign (especially if you are doing any Spotlight advertising). With the creation of websites like RealSelf, Yelp, Vitals, etc… patients have the opportunity to hear from your previous patients about their experience with you. You want to have as many reviews as possible on your profile, but, the question is, how do you get more reviews? There are a couple of ways to achieve this. The first is to use RealSelf’s Patient Engage™ feature.
This is a wonderful tool provided for free by RealSelf where they will send an email to your happy patients asking them to review you. You can enter up to 50 email addresses at a time and it is a quick easy thing you can do once a month that will dramatically increase the amount of reviews you receive. Also, RealSelf allows you to place their Patient Engage™ widget on your website, so when patients come to your site, they’ll always be reminded to review you.
BONUS TIP: If you’re a doctor who does not like to ask patients to review you, encourage your patients to use RealSelf as a resource as they go through their purchase decision. Asking them to use the site as a resource actually increases the amount of reviews you can get and the amount of followers you can get on your page. More followers and reviews make you a more trusted resource for information.
Below are some interesting stats on reviews (and also proves why they’re so important):
- 88% of users read 10 reviews or less before forming an opinion.
- If a local doctor has up to 10 reviews, then 88% of readers won’t look any further for information.
- Doctors with 10 or less reviews average 1 contact a month from RealSelf. Doctors with 10+ reviews average 17 contacts a month from RealSelf.
- 44% of users say a review must be written within one month to be relevant
- 69% of users say a review must be written within 2-3 months to be relevant
- RealSelf recommended reviews goal: 10 reviews every 90 days
- Quantity of reviews (based on profiles with 1-5 reviews)
- 10 – 24 reviews = 8x the number of contacts
- 25 – 49 reviews = 20x the number of contacts
- 50+ reviews = 70x the number of contacts
RealSelf is vibrant community of patients looking for expert answers to help guide them through their plastic and cosmetic journeys. Always keep that in mind whenever you’re doing anything on RealSelf. Put yourself in the patient’s shoes and ask yourself, “What is the best information I can give to help this patient?”
If you ask yourself that every time you are answering a question or uploading photos, the value of your profile will skyrocket, because you will position yourself as a trusted resource for the patient. If you follow the above tips while being a trusted resource, we can guarantee that you will see not only more traffic to your website from RealSelf, but more patients converting from RealSelf.