At Firm Media, we develop online videos for our clients for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, we’re helping them get exposure for their products or services. Other times, we’re sharing the features and resources available on their websites. Either way, our aim is to create an engaging experience that incites viewers to action.
Once a video is complete, we could just launch it on a website and call it a day. However, our goal is to reach customers wherever they are online. Otherwise, it’s like creating a television commercial that only airs in the client’s store.
We have a process for promoting online videos that produces great results:
- We create attractive, succinct online videos that our clients love.
- Once production is complete, we identify topics covered in the video. We try to match these ideas to keywords that we have targeted for our client’s search engine optimization program.
- Firm Media integrates these keywords into compelling titles and descriptions for the video. Also, we code the video in a way that helps search engines recognize its subject matter. That way, when someone searches online for a topic related to the client’s business, the video will be more likely to appear in the highest results.
- We distribute the video through multiple platforms. YouTube is probably the most well-known, but we also take advantage of services such as Viddler, Vimeo, Metacafe and Daily Motion. Each site attracts a sizeable audience, shares content with online users in different ways and offers different technological advantages.
- Finally, we add the video to the client’s website and social media. Users who view the video at these locations are encouraged to take action, whether it’s contacting the company, making a purchase or exploring the site. Also, on-page tools invite visitors to share the content with others.
By integrating search engine optimization, third-party platforms and social sharing, we are able to reach a wider audience and to drive more views than if the content were only available on the client’s website. Our thought: if you’re going to have a great video, make sure everyone who matters knows about it.